Seesaw is a platform for pupil engagement that inspires students of all ages to do their best. Students use creative tools to take pictures, draw, record videos and more to capture learning in their own portfolio/journal. Teachers find or create activities to share with students. Teachers can provide feedback to their pupils on their completed activities.
Teachers will be using Seesaw to form part of the children’s assessment through out the year. It will also be used as needed during Covid-19.
Benefits of Seesaw:
- Engaging for the children (meaningful and motivating)
- Easy to comment/provide feedback on children’s work (either as a whole class or an individual).
- Work can be assigned to specific children if required.
- Pupils can actually highlight their thinking while working in real time through audio or video recording.
- Children can interact with the platform in a number of ways (e.g. draw, take a picture, record audio or video, highlight and annotate and type).
- Seesaw, by its very nature, creates a learning journal/e-portfolio for each pupil and gives you a very clear insight into their levels of understanding and engagement.
- Seesaw is compatible across phone, tablet, laptop and desktop PC.
- Work is private to the class by default.
- No ads and GDPR compliant
Please note we will be using the Seesaw Class app, not the Seesaw family app.
Please click on this link for a very helpful parent guide on how to use your Seesaw journal.
Please click on this link to learn:- How do students upload an activity to their Seesaw journal?
Click on the link below to view a step by step guide on how to access your child’s Seesaw account. Click on this one page guide for instructions and to access a video.